Join the CRA for our weekly research discussion organized by Dr. James Clark and Dr. Karelle Siellez. Each meeting consists of:
- Discussion of journal papers: a 30-minute discussion of recently published articles of general CRA interest. To bring attention to a paper, please vote for it on Vox Charta beforehand.
- Presentation: a 20 minute presentation with 10 minute Q&A by a CRA member. This can take on any of the following formats:
- Research Presentation: Informal presentation on an aspect of your own work.
- Journal Club: Extended discussion of an article of interest. Need an idea for discussion? Check out and add to this list of pedagogical papers http://www.citeulike.org/group/18276.
- Conference Recap: Members returning from a conference are encouraged to (formally or informally) brief the rest of the center
The speaker order will be randomly chosen at the beginning of each academic year. A CRA member (grad students, postdocs, and faculty) should expect to present 1-2 times per academic year. If you are away on travel on the day assigned, please swap weeks with another member. Keep in mind the day of the week may change between semesters.
General Spacetime Coordinates
Time: Wednesdays @ 3pm
Venue: CRA Visualization Room (Boggs 1-90)
No coffee at "Cosmic Coffee": All food and drink that goes in the Visualization Room must go in the trash or be removed.
Future Cosmic Coffees can be found here!
Sorry, no results matched.
Our usual cosmic coffee - Presentation by Bryan Pflueger about "Supermassive Black Hole Binaries: The Journey to Coalescence".
Our usual cosmic coffee - Presentation by Yu Qiu about "Observational Evidence for AGN Feedback Heating"
Our usual cosmic coffee - Presentation by Greg Richards about "The Search for the Second Very High-Energy Gamma-Ray Pulsar"
Our usual cosmic coffee - Presentation by Michael Clark about "New initial data for neutron star binary simulations"
Our usual cosmic coffee - Presentation by Raj Gohil about "Hydrostatic Model (Nuclear Starburst Disks)"
Our usual cosmic coffee - Presentation by Aycin Aykutalp about "Un-modeled search of Binary Black-Holes in Advanced Gravitational-Wave Detectors"
Our usual cosmic coffee - Presentation by Karan Jani about "Black Hole Formation".
Our usual cosmic coffee - Presentation by Qi Ge about "The impact of Lya trapping on the formation of Super massive black hole seeds"